- Describe the principles of electrosurgery.
- Outline how electrical waveforms used in electrosurgery interact with tissue.
- Describe the associated benefits and limitations of monopolar, advanced bipolar and ultrasonic electrosurgical devices.
- Describe the economic impact of electrosurgery injuries in the health care environment.
- Explain CMS’s position and penalties for accidental laceration, punctures, and burns during laparoscopic surgery.
- Identify technologies that prevent monopolar injury during minimally invasive surgery.
- Outline the recommended practices related to patient safety during laparoscopic procedures.
- Discuss the responsibilities of the perioperative team related to patient safety during minimally invasive surgery
State Board Approval
Pfiedler Enterprises is a provider approved by the California Board of Nursing, Provider Number CEP 14944, for 2.0 contact hours.
Obtaining full credit for this offering depends upon attendance, regardless of circumstances, from beginning to end. Licensees must provide their license numbers for record keeping purposes.
Disclosure: The facilitator will verbally disclose his/her affiliation with the commercial support organization prior to the onset of the activity and will identify off-label or investigational information.