Lead Your O.R. to Performance Excellence… Get the Shield
FDA Issues a Safety Communication on the Dangers of Monopolar Laparoscopic Surgery. “Monopolar Energy Use Can Directly Result in Unintended Patient Burns from Capacitive Coupling and Intra-Operative Insulation Failure.”
Read the Full FDA Release Here
The new AORN Electrosurgical Safety Guideline recommends to “use an Active Electrode Monitoring (AEM®) and Shielding Device” during Minimally Invasive Surgery.
Learn About Improving Patient Safety in Surgery with Shielded AEM®️ Instruments
Shielded AEM® Instruments and Monitors win Vizient Innovative Technology Contract
- Vizient, Inc. is the largest member-driven health care performance improvement company in the country, with over 3000 hospitals and $100 billion in annual purchasing.
- The contract was based on a recommendation of Shielded AEM® Laparoscopic Instruments and Monitors by hospital experts in this category who serve on one of Vizient’s member-led councils.
- Read the press release here
NBC News Investigates: Popular Surgeries Can Carry Risk of Being Burned
Read the Full Article Here
Shielded AEM® Instruments and Monitors highlighted for unique patient safety, in NBC Los Angeles Investigative Report on Stray Energy Burns.
Deliver Surgical Energy Safely.
Improve General Surgery and GYN Outcomes.
Click Here to Start Your Free Evaluation
- Every 90 minutes in the USA a patient is burned during laparoscopic surgery.
- These preventable stray energy burns kill 1 – 2 patients per day*.
- The FDA issued a Safety Communication on these risks from both intraoperative insulation failure and capacitive coupling. Learn More
- Encision’s Shielded AEM® Instruments and Monitors eliminate these complications, saving patients lives every day.