Get the Shield™ for Patient Safety
IMPROVE PATIENT SAFETY
Shield patients from intra-operative insulation failure and capacitive energy burns, per AORN electrosurgical safety guidelines.
REDUCE OR EXPENSES
Improve business performance with free Shield™ Instruments and reposable 2x Scissors.
BOOST CLINICAL PERFORMANCE
Improve the surgical experience with high performance instrumentation and the sharpest scissors.
FDA Issues a Safety Communication on the Dangers of Monopolar Laparoscopic Surgery. “Monopolar Energy Use Can Directly Result in Unintended Patient Burns from Capacitive Coupling and Intra-Operative Insulation Failure.”
Read the Full FDA Release Here
The new AORN Electrosurgical Safety Guideline recommends to “use an Active Electrode Monitoring (AEM®) and Shielding Device” during Minimally Invasive Surgery.
AEM® Shield™ Laparoscopic Instruments win Vizient Innovative Technology Contract
- Vizient, Inc. is the largest member-driven health care performance improvement company in the country, with over 3000 hospitals and $100 billion in annual purchasing.
- The contract was based on a recommendation of Shielded AEM® Laparoscopic Instruments and Monitors by hospital experts in this category who serve on one of Vizient’s member-led councils.
- Read the press release here
NBC News Investigates: Popular Surgeries Can Carry Risk of Being Burned
AEM® Shield™ Laparoscopic Instruments highlighted for unique patient safety, in NBC Los Angeles Investigative Report on Stray Energy Burns.
Deliver Surgical Energy Safely.
Improve General Surgery and GYN Outcomes.
- Every 90 minutes in the USA a patient is burned during laparoscopic surgery.
- These preventable stray energy burns kill 1 – 2 patients per day*.
- The FDA issued a Safety Communication on these risks from both intraoperative insulation failure and capacitive coupling. Learn More
- AEM® Shield™ Laparoscopic Instruments eliminate these complications, saving patients lives every day.